• 5 weeks of leave per year
• Hybrid working model with the opportunity to work remotely for 4 weeks of the year
• Amazing new office spaces in the CBD in 2023!
Who are we?
We are a purpose lead tech company founded on the idea that every business should have access to the tools to help them save more money and improve their financial wellbeing. Cape is a fintech servicing small to mid sized businesses with a corporate card offering that is powered up by an expense management platform to allow you to set controls and rules around spend, putting businesses back in control of their cash.
We are a diverse team, made up of tech aficionados, financial services gurus, FinTech veterans and tech newcomers all with one purpose in mind, we are passionate about what we do, we love to share our ideas and collaboration is our driving force.
Exciting times lie ahead: Cape is currently in the beta testing phase and we are full steam ahead with developing our platform. You’ve caught us at a good time as we have successfully secured a AUD $3.1 million fundraise and are currently in the process of our next round. Our best work is yet to come and we want you to be a part of this journey. Cape is not only product focused, we are also devoted to our people. We value an impeccable culture, a team who are on a mission to make a real impact, steered by our core values ‘S.A.V.E.’
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager motivated by the opportunity to shape our product vision and drive forward an ambitious roadmap focused on delivering exceptional customer experiences. You’ll be joining our hyper-collaborative product and design team as we build Cape from the ground up. This is a rare opportunity with the autonomy to manage a product end to end, from user research, through to getting features to market (quickly!). So if you’re a strong customer advocate, you understand great UX when you see it and you know your way around a user story, then we can’t wait to welcome you to Cape.
On any given day, you will:
• Work with our Head of Product to evolve and mature our platform by designing robust products and solutions
• Be a customer advocate - champion their needs and craft amazing customer experiences
• Research, research, research - put yourself in our customer's shoes through user testing, customer interviews and utilising available feedback channels
• Monitor market trends and analyse competitors
• Work with the product team to manage, refine and prioritise the product backlog
• Create user flows, define requirements and produce wireframes - we’re a small team so you’ll need to be hands on and hit the ground running
• Work collaboratively with our design and engineering teams to deliver the product vision
• Measure the success of products as we go to market
What you need to be successful
• 2+ years of experience in web or app Product Management - preferably in payments/banking/fintech
• Good understanding of design thinking and UX principles
• Experience and passion for working in Agile
• Willingness to pitch in and be both a ‘doer’ and a leader
• Ability to context switch and multitask in a fast paced environment
• Adaptability and agility with an appreciation for the need to change direction and priorities.
Our people are our number one priority. For this reason, we’re committed to supporting and rewarding our amazing team for their ongoing commitment and contribution. We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your friends and your family:
Flexibility & Balance
Although we love what we do, we also appreciate (and support) the fact that life happens outside of work. We pride ourselves in our forward thinking hybrid working practices and are here to support you in defining what ‘flexible working’ means for you, your family and your lifestyle.
Did someone say an extra week of leave?
That's right! We’re all about supporting you to find the time to do what you love, whether that's traveling, being with family or just taking a few days to yourself. All full-time employees get to enjoy and extra 5 days of Nirvana leave per year.
Ongoing education and resources
We’re all about growth mindset and appreciate that individually and as a team we’re always learning. We have partnered with some amazing providers that will support your growth needs. Beyond this, we provide you with designated time in your week to dive into the tools and resources that we have available.
Grow your career
Cape’s well and truly found its feet, but it’s still a young company, which means there is plenty of career growth and development for you! Plus we were the winners of Wealth and Finance International’s Fintech of the Year Award for 2022, in addition to being listed by Fintechmagazine.com as one of the top 5 fintechs to watchout for in 2022 as well as being nominated by HackerNoon for Fintech startup on the year 2022.